Use and demand of ceramic cookware has been increasing tremendously and have proven beneficial for all the needs and necessities of the kitchen with just a few sets of these cookware sets as they are efficient and serve more than one purpose. That is why this cookware has become an ideal and end to end solution for all kitchen activities and they can be used regularly. Ceramic Cookware Concept has been there for a while but has prevailed gradually as and when people started realizing its benefits against cookware of other materials like metals.
Ceramic cookware is extremely beneficial if used and maintained properly with precise instructions followed with every subsequent usage. That is why we would discuss some of the generic but essential pointers to be kept in mind.
How do we handle the ceramic cookware?
Handling a ceramic cookware would require you to avoid a few things like
- You should never use any metal utensils on the ceramic cookware to avoid scratches and removal of coating over it that would render the cooking device less function and eventually useless. Instead use the wooden, rubber or plastic utensils that helps maintain the life of the cookware with optimum results always.
- Save the surface of your ceramic cookware from any sharp edges to avoid scratches. The removal of coating due to such sharp edges or use of metal utensils is harmful, but if the coating gradually lightens due to usage, then that is perfectly normal and also is not harmful to you and the food.
- Also, to save you coating and preserve it, please be careful about not placing the empty pan on the gas burner as the excess heat would distort the cookware and also the coating rendering it excessively useless
The above section dealt with basic handling tips to keep the cookware away from scratches but you also need to follow a few guidelines while you are cooking food on the cookware.
- Heat settings are very crucial for the food being cooked and the life of the cookware. It is always recommended that you should maintain the level of heat between low and medium level as the ceramic coating is excellent in distributing the heat uniformly which in turn helps the food to be cooked uniformly and perfectly avoiding the food to be burnt or overcooked.
- You need to use butter or oil that are thick in nature to be able to bare the heat without making any layer on the cookware. Thin oil sprays or oils like olive oil can be dangerous as they are thin and can form a layer due to heat on the ceramic cookware making it sticky and uneven for uniform cooking.
Clean your ceramic cookware
Along with the handling tips and cooking instructions with a ceramic cookware, there are some essential instructions to be followed while cleaning your cookware that would maintain the cookware and its utility. If these instructions are not followed then you might end up damaging the cookware post which you will have to look for ways to Fix Ceramic Cookware that got damaged by mere ignorance of careful pointers.
- Before you clean the cookware in which you cooked your food, allow it cool down naturally. Do not place it cool water before it cools down naturally else the device’s shape and size could get distorted.
- Always use a soft item to clean and wash the ceramic cookware as all cookware with ceramic coating are susceptible to scratches. Once you clean and rinse the cookware, wipe it off with a soft towel or allow it to dry naturally.
- Do not use harsh cleaning pads as they would scratch the surface of the cookware and make it uneven which would affect the heat distribution property of ceramic cookware and hence would affect the cooking process and result.
Kindly stick to the general guidelines and specific instruction while storing, cooking or cleaning a ceramic cookware and you can get all benefits for an extremely long time as ceramic cookware have a very long life before their performance diminishes provided it is stored and maintained in appropriate conditions.