With the increasing popularity of vegetarianism and more people choosing to give up on meats and meat based diets, it becomes difficult to find easy protein substitutes. Eggs are a major part of most global cuisines, especially eaten during breakfast times. When one is looking to give up on eating eggs, or they need to stop consuming them due to health reasons such as intolerance or allergies, the web is a great source to find out the alternatives and easy recipes. Recipes that are easy to make with the fewest ingredients will help one ease into their new diet.
1. Nut Based SpreadsHazelnut spread has to be one of the most popular nut spreads around the globe. Not many know that there are other nuts which are equally tasty and have a high protein content. They are also filling and loaded with nutrients for a morning breakfast or power packed snack options. Almonds and peanuts contain the most nutritious value once processed into a spread, a sugar free version is a healthier option.
2. Protein Packed TofuFor vegetarians all over the world, soy products are a savior when replaced as protein. Soy is available in the form of milk, chunks and tofu. Tofu replaces meat in most meals, it has a total of 7 grams per each half cup. There is silken tofu and firm tofu, each can be used in various recipes to suit the nature of the dish. Soy is a flavorless substance, it soaks up any flavor added to it beautifully. It especially takes the place of scrambled eggs, giving the same texture.
3. Cottage Cheese On ToastCheese is usually high in protein and is a part of most world cuisines. Each cuisine has its own recipe for preparing and using cheese. One of the most natural ways to eat cheese is in the form of cottage cheese. It comes pre packed in most countries, ready to buy at super markets, a mild sweetener or condiments can be added to it for a protein rich breakfast.
4. SmoothiesSmoothies, especially green smoothies are full of protein, vitamins and much needed fiber. Smoothies are fast taking the place of traditional breakfasts. They are easy to make, full of nutrients due to the fruits, veggies and nuts added to it. A single glass can keep a person full and energized for many hours. Besides they are detoxifying and the combinations of smoothies are endless. Each person can make them to suit their taste buds.
5. Gluten Free BreadsThose of us who are used to having a toast every morning, either with jam or nut spreads or with an egg on the side, can easily switch to gluten free bread. Generic breads are full of refined flour and added substitutes which are harmful to the body. Gluten free breads are made with whole grains that consist no gluten, they are also enriched with nuts and seeds, and a single slice will provide a lot more nutrition than regular bread.
6. Loaded MuesliStore bought regular muesli is any day better than sugar loaded cereal. However, more and more brands are coming up with muesli packs that contain nuts, seeds, oats, and when one has this muesli independently or with milk such as almond, coconut or soy, they are choosing a healthier breakfast option. Besides one need not worry about eating nuts and seeds individually, when they all come packed this way in a single option.
7. Canned BeansA famous british breakfast option, beans on toast is very healthy as it has a large portion of protein needed in a day. Beans can be bought in cans, already cooked, they simply need to be washed and added with flavor or spices if needed.
8. Greek YogurtGreen yogurt, especially green yogurt with fruit and nuts in the form of parfaits are becoming increasingly popular among those conscious about the health and fitness of their bodies. Green yogurt is not only beneficial for the gut as it contains probiotics, it also has a lot of protein easily digestible by the body. Adding fruits such as blueberries, cranberries, fruit compote and desirable nuts makes it a complete breakfast or snack dish.
One need not entirely depend on eggs for protein and breakfast options. Even though eggs have become popular as they are easy to make and cheap to purchase. When one becomes mindful about what they are putting in their body, they will realize that breakfast is an important meal, and packing as much nutrients as possible into this one meal will go a long way to improve overall energy and mood of the day.