Toasters, glass oven, or electric grill, which is the best choice of the oven for your family? The list below will give you the pros and cons of various types of oven. Especially, we are glad to provide you a few good tips for using the oven. Let’s begin to read it!
Toasters are usually designed as a box. There are 2 basic types of toasters which are classified basing on the type of place: installation inside the walls, shelves, and desktop. It can be seen that desktop toasters are very popular because of their compact size and affordable price.
– Pros: The capacity of toasters is very diverse. There are lots of options for users. You can grill many types of food with a large quantity in a toaster. This type of oven is suitable for baking, roasting chicken, duck or even a whole fish. Toasters can be used for many styles of barbecue with different grill modes (with both upper and lower heat fire) to help you easily customize to fit with each dish.
Toasters are often designed with good material and in modern styles. They are also simple to clean. These products are often provided with bundled grill, baking tray, skewer, holding,…
– Cons: It is difficult to observe the cooking process in the oven unless the oven has lights inside. This type of oven is also difficult to move. Moreover, the cost is generally higher than that of the electric grill and glass oven.
2. Glass oven
Glass oven is usually designed as a pot. The entire panel is located on oven lid. Of course, the main material of the glass oven is transparent and heat-resistant glass. It grills food with halogen lights. Some products have a fan convection to increase its performance.
– Pros: Glass oven is designed beautifully, highly aesthetic and you can be easy to follow the process of food baked in the oven. It is energy-efficient than other types of ovens. You can move it to any position in the kitchen easily because it is usually designed with a large handle mounted in the body of the oven. The price is also usually cheaper than that of a toaster.
– Cons: This is not a toaster so it should not be used for baking because the heat is concentrated at the top of the oven, not dispersed to the bottom while baking requires both the flame on and flame below. Cleaning this product is not convenient. Besides, glass oven can be easily cracked or broken when being impacted or suffer high heat, heat shock. Even you cannot grill many foods at one time.
3. Electric grill
Electric grill often has a flat and broad tray in a simple and compact design. That makes it easy to grill the food because you can flip the food. Therefore, this type of oven is usually used to enjoy barbecue right on the table.
– Pros: It has a compact size and a surface covered with a non-stick layer which is safe for the user’s health. The electric grill is helpful to roast meat and vegetables easily and quickly. Cleaning this type of oven does not take much time. It is also convenient to move and storage with handles advanced insulation wrap. Moreover, it is easy to use with only one control panel power to adjust capacity and temperature.
– Cons: There are not many functions and modes. You are just able to grill small size meat and vegetables, not thick foods.
A few points you need to pay attention:
– Place the oven in a dry location, not place it too close to walls, shelves,… Remember to create a gap of at least 10 cm to help the radiate heat from the furnace disperse quickly, rapidly cooling oven. This makes the product not be overheating, which affects the quality and reliability of the oven.
– Before using the oven, check the power supply, electric drive, ensure stable voltage which is appropriate for the oven. Avoid the case that power source voltage is too high or too low because it can damage the oven as well as cause dangerous for users.
– To avoid danger during cooking, you absolutely should not put the paper which is not heat-resistant in the oven. If you want to wrap foods, you should use aluminum foil or wax paper. You also do not put the plastic, wooden, nylon objects in the oven, avoiding the material from melting or burning.
– To cool the oven after baking, you can use a soft cloth soaked in water to lightly wipe the oven cavity, the furnace shell and the parts of the product (when the oven is still warm) for cleaning.