Do you want something sweet and tangy for a night party? Perhaps, you want to surprise guests with a unique dip for those same old corn chips. Make those corn chips more alive with a guacamole!
This creamy dip is one of my favorites. It does not only fit my busy schedule but it does also make an ordinary afternoon more exciting.
What’s best is that I can simply buy a pack of tortilla chips or any corn chips for that matter, and then make this easy guacamole dip with ingredients already in my kitchen.
On Fridays, my friends and I gather for a small night party. We reminisce our high school days, watch NETFLIX or spend a laid-back evening of fun chatting with wine.
This guacamole dip makes our bonding a bit more fun! With it, we don’t have to settle on cheese dips for corn chips all the time, but have something healthier.
Appetizing Mango Guacamole with Crunchy Corn Chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
- Three ripe avocados
- One medium-sized and diced ripe mango
- Two tablespoons of lime juice
- ½ to 1 chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ white onion, chopped and diced
- A dash of salt
- Optional: Serrano chili, finely chopped
- Optional: A few cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Cut your avocados in half. Make sure to run the knife around its pit. It means from the stem to the blossom end and then going back up again.
- Start twisting the halves in opposite directions in order to free its pit and then pulling the halves apart from each other.
- Dislodge the pit before scooping the flesh of the avocado to the bowl.
- Mash your avocados coarsely using a potato masher, a large fork or a spoon.
- Rinse the white onion, but shake off its excess water.
- Add the onion to your mashed avocados and then the cilantro, limejuice and optionally the Serrano chili.
- Add two-thirds of your diced ripe mango.
- Put some salt to taste.
- If you’re not planning to use this mixture immediately, you should cover it with a plastic wrap. Make sure to press it directly on the guacamole’s surface before refrigerating it. Do not chill it for more than two hours.
- When ready to serve the guacamole, scoop it in your serving bowl.
- For some final additions, you can garnish it with the remaining mango and optionally some sprigs of cilantro.
- Serve the guacamole with tortilla chips and optionally some Jicama or cucumber slices.
For the garnishing, you can make use of cilantro sprigs. If you want some hotness, use Serrano chili in this recipe!
The fixings for the guacamole can be prepared ahead of time, especially if you’re having a party later.
You can just combine all the ingredients and put them in a tight container before refrigerating. You can leave the avocado for preparation later because it is not good to refrigerate it for a couple of hours before preparing your guacamole. Just when you are ready is the time you should mash the avocados to keep them fresh.
How to tell your avocados are ripe?
Press it gently and see if it yields to a little pressure while staying a bit soft. Alternatively, you can remove the little stem off it.
If you can see the green underneath upon removing the stem, then it is ripe. But if you see brown color underneath, then the fruit isn’t ready for the guacamole night.
Are you ready for a guacamole night?
Try this healthy dip to add life to simple gatherings! Did you know avocados are a great source of skin nutrients? It contains “carotenoids” a type of antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and protect the skin from pollution and environmental damage. That said it could also keep our skin free from wrinkles, fine lines and other dreadful signs of premature aging. And with high antioxidants in the body, we can improve our skin’s tone, density, thickness and health. Mangos and avocados are also potent sources of vitamin C, another antioxidant working in harmony with others to improve our skin and general health.
If you want something different or simply a healthy dip for corn chips, don’t think twice! Prepare this mouthwatering, creamy guacamole and your body and skin will thank you later. Enjoy!